Any plan that would meaningfully disrupt health insurance for hundreds of thousands of people across the state should be carefully considered, Laura Colbert, the executive director of the group Georgians…
Legislative update: Week 10
We are dismayed and saddened over the acts of racism and violence that took place in Atlanta last week. We stand in solidarity with Georgia’s Asian Americans and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community in this difficult time. If you are in a position to help, we hope that you will donate, volunteer, or otherwise support our partner organizations who are focused on dealing with the aftermath of this tragedy. You can take action here:
- Sign on to a collective community statement in response to the violence
- Donate to support the victims and their families
- Support local organizations like the Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS), who are delivering mental health, translation, and other necessary services to the victims and their families, and the larger AAPI community.
In this week’s update:
- Action alerts: Tell your legislators to take action on hospital & nursing home visitation & patient rights & out of network patient protections!
- What happened last week: Tobacco & vaping, telehealth, vaccine administration, & more
- GHF’s got you covered this session!