“They haven’t done any checks since March of 2020 so everyone has been able to keep their coverage for that entire period without having to renew,” said Laura Colbert, Executive…
« All Blog Entries
Sign the Petition in Support of the Affordable Care Act!
On March 26th, 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court will begin to hear the arguments where several states—including Georgia—will be challenging the Affordable Care Act (ACA), thereby trying to convince the Court to roll back the progress and advancements that Georgians have already been enjoying since the ACA was signed into law two years ago.
Here are just a few of the provisions that Georgians are already taking advantage of:
- Young adults under age 26 may be eligible for health insurance coverage under their parents’ plan;
- Small business tax credits are available to employers who over insurance for their employees;
- Pre-existing condition insurance plan allows those currently uninsured who have a pre-existing condition to purchase coverage (PCIP);
- Eligible seniors who are in the coverage gap known as the donut hole automatically receive a discount on prescription drugs in 2011 and beyond;
- Health plans are required to provide a summary of benefits and coverage, and a list of definitions, designed to make it easier for you to compare your options, and understand exactly what you are buying;
- No co-pays for preventive services; and
- No lifetime or annual caps on coverage
Today we ask you to join our coalition of health care professionals, health care advocates and citizens who are standing up for affordable, quality health care for all Georgians. Sign our petition to Governor Deal and Attorney General Olens in support of the ACA and let them know that providers, consumers and advocates support these important advancements in our health care system.
Come to the Rally!
After you sign the petition, join us at a rally at the Georgia State Capitol on Monday, March 26 at 2:00 pm. We will be speaking with supporters and the media and we will deliver our petition to Governor Nathan Deal and Attorney General Samuel Olens, asking them to support progress in health care reform, for the thousands of Georgians who have already benefited and those who have yet to see the benefits of future provisions.
At the rally, we will illustrate how the ACA is an important step forward in reforming our broken health care system. We will share the stories of Georgians who have been able to get coverage through the PCIP; young adults who are now on their parents’ insurance plans; and seniors who have received their Medicare donut hole rebates. We will also make the case for continuing state implementation of the ACA so that we can craft a Georgia-solution to our health care problems and ensure that people have access to quality and affordable health care.
Take a stand for better health for Georgians. Sign our petition and forward it to friends and colleagues.
Thank you for all you do to ensure a healthy future for all Georgians!
This is a coalition effort with Georgians for a Healthy Future, Doctors for America, HealthSTAT, Votehealthcare.org, and Know Your Care – Georgia
Sign up to receive updates from GHF!
Jan 25, 2023
Georgia to reinstate eligibility verifications for Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids members