14097 Abercorn St.
Savannah, GA 31419
Georgians for a Healthy Future is partnering with local community groups in and around Savannah for an educational forum entitled Working Together: What is Next for Health Care in Georgia. The Health Committee of Women Advocating for Georgians (WAG), a Savannah-based group, will participate in the program along with experts and advocates who will discuss the current status and potential future of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid, and explain how major proposed changes (such as those in the American Health Care Act) could impact Georgians, especially under-served populations. Speakers will include community leaders, health care providers, and advocates. In addition, local state legislators will speak about their health care priorities for the future. There will be a Q&A period after the panel discussions.
Confirmed speakers include:
- State Senator Lester Jackson
- State Representative Jesse Petrea
- State Representative Mickey Stephens
- J. Brandon Gaffney, CEO, J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center
- Sarah Sessoms, Executive Director, Insure Georgia (a program of Community Health Works)
- Cindy Zeldin, Executive Director, Georgians for a Healthy Future