Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Georgians for a Healthy Future (GHF), a nonprofit consumer health advocacy organization, has an immediate opening for an outreach and communications coordinator. The outreach and communications coordinator will provide communications, grassroots and digital organizing, and policy support for GHF’s initiatives and priorities.
- Develop and manage a communications calendar for GHF including email, social media, and website communications tactics
- Manage GHF’s social media channels, primarily Facebook and Twitter, by ensuring a consistent voice and presence on social media, growing the organization’s social media following, and leveraging social media for digital advocacy to enhance the organization’s overall advocacy strategy
- Create, with input from the full staff, email communications to include a monthly newsletter, policy alerts and updates, event notifications and reminders, and other communications as needed
- Ensure the website is updated regularly
- Develop and implement online organizing projects such as petitions and issue campaigns
- Manage and grow GHF’s database of supporters
- Maintain working knowledge of state and national health care policy issues, providing policy support as needed
- Conduct outreach and education to community groups and others on health care policy issues
- Participate in coalition activities, represent GHF at meetings and events, and monitor legislative and state agency activity as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, public health, communications or other relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Substantive knowledge of health policy and familiarity with the Georgia policy environment
This is a full-time position reporting to the executive director and based in Atlanta with some travel throughout the state. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “outreach and communications coordinator” in the subject line.